Adrian Kalikow, White Plains
PCI Certified Parent Coach®
M. Ed. Early Childhood
Individual, couples, and group coaching
Is Parent Coaching Right for You?
- Exhausted from getting no sleep?
- Unsure whether your decisions are right for your child?
- Frustrated from repeating yourself umpteen times?
- Resentful because you're finding no time for the things you love to do?
- Sad because your relationship with your child just isn't what you thought it would be?
- Angry at yourself for yelling, but you just can't seem to stop?
- Perplexed because you just don't understand why your child acts the way he does?
- Wondering whether you are really cut out for this parenting job after all?
Parent coaching can help you through all of these dilemmas and more. Together we can make your dreams for your family a reality.
What is Parent Coaching?
Parent coaching is a transformational process! Together, we develop an honest and open relationship. Through a process of discovery, you uncover all that is already working within your family, as well as areas that need some change. You explore your dream for an ideal family life, and design steps that will help you realize that dream.
As you experience success, that success is celebrated, and there is a chance to reflect upon the positive changes within your family. We decide together whether there is more work to do as a team, or whether you are ready to move on toward a preferred future with your newly acquired parenting skills. As you move on from the parent coaching relationship, it is with a greater sense of yourself as a parent, and a stronger belief in your parental abilities.
Who is Adrian Kalikow, M.Ed?
Adrian Kalikow, M.Ed., PCI Certified Parent Coach®, has been involved with the education of young children and parents for over 30 years. She has a Master's degree in early childhood education, and has completed a certification program in Parent Coaching through the Parent Coaching Institute in collaboration with Seattle Pacific University. With a belief that parenting is the most important job anyone can do, Adrian began running parent groups for parents of babies and toddlers in the late 1990's. She has a private parent coaching practice, in which she helps individuals, couples and groups deal with parenting challenges and move toward a better place in their parenting relationships. Adrian is the parent of three grown children, and sees that experience as her best qualification for her current work, helping parents become the best they can be for their children and themselves.