Fay Bomberg, Berkeley, CA/Illinois-Chicago area
PCI Certified Parent Coach®
M.S., Marriage and Family Therapy
|Side-by-Side Parent Coaching|
I am the mother of four sons, currently aged 25, 23, 21, and 19. I'm an Illinois resident living temporarily in California, where my husband of 26 years is taking a sabbatical. Like most of us, I've been through many changes and transitions. My sons have grown, left home, and we've even had a boomerang child, who returned to live with us for a year after graduation. I draw on this broad range of experience in my coaching work, as well as knowledge gained from my own parenting struggles raising my four, each very different, boys.
What does coaching offer you?
- In my coaching I support parents in order to effectively address the challenges of parenting, and guide them to help their children develop in healthy ways.
- We will work on here-and-now issues using an action-oriented approach that is built on our coach-client relationship. Together we reconnect with and focus on your strengths to map out steps to move forward. I never impose anything on you—we work side-by-side in a trusting, supportive and collaborative manner to create your steps for change.
- Finally, we will identify what is already working, clarify your parenting goals, and give you tools to achieve them.
I love how coaching helps struggling parents to change and grow. The coaching work I do is both exciting and challenging to me. It is a perfect synthesis of my skills, interests, and passions!
Do you need someone to really listen and support you in addressing your specific parenting issues? Side-by-Side Parent Coaching is here to help. Please visit my Web site to learn more.
Sheryl Graff Stoller, Oak Park
PCI Certified Parent Coach®
B.A. Anthropology; MBA Marketing
Stoller Parent Coaching
Individual and couples coaching; Workshops/presentations
Chicago area: (708) 358-8289
Toll-free: (877) 285-8289
Sheryl Stoller helps parents integrate proven, research-based approaches and practical parenting tools with their own insights, values, and dreams to nurture and empower their children. Parents develop life-long habits of effective parenting. They gain self-confidence, equilibrium—and the joy of parenting well.
Sheryl works with parents of children of all ages, providing reliable, nonjudgmental, and caring support. She addresses a wide spectrum of issues that families experience at different developmental stages. Parents learn new strategies, including:
- preventing and addressing behavior and motivation challenges
- developing effective approaches when children and parents have different temperaments and communication styles
- overcoming obstacles faced by families when children have learning and developmental differences
- easing difficulties with transitions, big and small
Clients value Sheryl's knowledge, warmth, thoughtful questions, and insightful observations. Her own parenting journey—including the challenges she and her husband experienced with their three children (sons 21, 19 and daughter 15) serves as a source of inspiration and hope for clients.
Training and Experience
Sheryl maintains an active private practice, coaching parents one-on-one and as couples. She also leads interactive workshops for many types of establishments, customizing content to fit their needs. Her experience includes:
- Graduate program through The Parent Coaching Institute
- Ongoing accredited seminars and readings
- Committee member of the Healthy Beginnings II Initiative of the Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Chicago Parent magazine expert opinion
- Upcoming: Speaker for a hospital's occupational therapy department, a panelist for forum on effective parenting, and guest on Chicago NBC's weekend morning news
Whether you are considering private coaching (either by phone or in person) or workshops, Sheryl is happy to talk with you and put you in touch with clients as references. Call or email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (708) 358-8289, (877) 285-8289
Angie Poulos, River Forest
PCI Certified Parent Coach®
American Montessori Society, Primary Certification
Iowa State University, B.S.
Angie Poulos is a mother, an educator and a friend to parents. She and her husband have raised six children, ages 20–40 years old. They also enjoy spending lots of time with their six grandchildren. Having raised a son with developmental disabilities, Angie understands, from an intimate perspective, special needs children and the added stress this can bring to the family. Angie is certified by the American Montessori Society with 28 years of teaching experience. She has worked with hundreds of children and with their parents through parent education workshops. During her teaching career, Angie helped many children deal with learning challenges and behavior issues. Her knowledge and her patience with these children has earned her a respected reputation and special place in the hearts of many families.
The PCI model of parent coaching is Angie's "true calling." She is dedicated to helping each child reach his/her highest potential by supporting parents through close parent-coach relationships. Her experience and education forms the solid base needed in guiding parents to realize the developmental, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of their children. She focuses on building confidence, concentration, and social skills by teaching parents to be good observers and by investing time in creating a healthy environment for their children.
Angie is skilled at building strong, trusting, productive relationships with her clients.
Angie offers companionship to the new mom, good humor and creative ideas to the "on the go" parents of grade school age children, moral support, compassion and clarity to the high school parents and wisdom and hope to the parents of young adults.
Angie will lead you to feel energized, empowered, and excited to have the most challenging, most important and most satisfying job that exists, parenting.
The Parent Coaching Institute's governing documents, conflict of interest policy, and financial statements are available upon request.
Please contact email@example.com or (425) 449-8877.