PCI Certified Parent Coach®
Individual, couple, & group coaching
Public speaker on various parenting topics including raising twins and higher order multiples
Mother of triplets
Parenting is hard. You're not alone.
Did you know you have what it takes to be an amazing parent? Your kids are a gift and you are intended to walk with confidence, satisfaction and joy as parent. If that doesn't describe you at the moment, you've come to the right place. Few of us go into parenting knowing how to do the job well. It is easy to get derailed when the track we've laid is rickety or nonexistent to begin with. And once we're off track, finding our way back can leave us frustrated, scared, anxious or angry. All too often, we also feel alone.
As your coach, I will help you navigate the parenting challenges that are unique to you and your family with customized support and proven methods. Together we can bring order into your chaos, peace into the fray and hope for a thriving tomorrow. Some of the issues we can explore and tackle together include:
- Identify how to engage positively and effectively to foster intimacy within your family.
- Stop battling over homework or chores, grades or friends. Learn how to encourage accountability and a strong work ethic in your child.
- Understand age appropriate parameters and teach your kids to navigate digital culture with wisdom and discernment.
- Encourage obedience and cooperation in kids of any age.
- Time Management
- Tame the chaos and use time to your advantage.
- School Advocacy
- Engage as a productive ally with those who influence and teach your children.
- Special Circumstances
- Parents of children with special needs, foster or adoptive children, twins or higher order multiples, and families of divorce, blended families and single parents all need support given their diverse and often unique challenges. Get the tailored support you need for your specific situation.
You have everything you need to thrive as a parent, guide your kids to maturity, and find profound purpose in your leadership role. As a parent, you are the expert on your family. As a coach, I am trained to guide you in the process of change. Together we will identify the specific tools, skills and resources that will help your family flourish and help you implement them for a brighter tomorrow.
Sheryl Graff Stoller, Oak Park
PCI Certified Parent Coach®
B.A. Anthropology; MBA Marketing
Stoller Parent Coaching
Individual and couples coaching; Workshops/presentations
Chicago area: (708) 358-8289
Toll-free: (877) 285-8289
Sheryl Stoller helps parents integrate proven, research-based approaches and practical parenting tools with their own insights, values, and dreams to nurture and empower their children. Parents develop life-long habits of effective parenting. They gain self-confidence, equilibrium—and the joy of parenting well.
Sheryl works with parents of children of all ages, providing reliable, nonjudgmental, and caring support. She addresses a wide spectrum of issues that families experience at different developmental stages. Parents learn new strategies, including:
- preventing and addressing behavior and motivation challenges
- developing effective approaches when children and parents have different temperaments and communication styles
- overcoming obstacles faced by families when children have learning and developmental differences
- easing difficulties with transitions, big and small
Clients value Sheryl's knowledge, warmth, thoughtful questions, and insightful observations. Her own parenting journey—including the challenges she and her husband experienced with their three children (sons 21, 19 and daughter 15) serves as a source of inspiration and hope for clients.
Training and Experience
Sheryl maintains an active private practice, coaching parents one-on-one and as couples. She also leads interactive workshops for many types of establishments, customizing content to fit their needs. Her experience includes:
- Graduate program through The Parent Coaching Institute
- Ongoing accredited seminars and readings
- Committee member of the Healthy Beginnings II Initiative of the Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Chicago Parent magazine expert opinion
- Upcoming: Speaker for a hospital's occupational therapy department, a panelist for forum on effective parenting, and guest on Chicago NBC's weekend morning news
Whether you are considering private coaching (either by phone or in person) or workshops, Sheryl is happy to talk with you and put you in touch with clients as references. Call or email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (708) 358-8289, (877) 285-8289