What’s Included in the Parent Coach Certification® Training Program
Join our personalized distance-program! Director Gloria DeGaetano and the PCI team work with you every step of the way during your training year to ensure your optimal success as a parent coach.
The Parent Coach Certification® Training Program is uniquely designed to meet your specific needs as a busy family support professional.
During your parent coach training year, you have 24/7 access to a wealth of information on PCI Web site’s Student Portal. The PCI Student Portal provides audio files needed for your training, along with valuable learning experiences through audio recordings of actual coaching conversations, and PDFs of required and supplemental reading.
Intentionally built into the program are extras for you to participate in if you choose to, such as being coached by a senior student so you know what it feels like to be on the parent side of coaching.
During the year, your progress is regularly reviewed, evaluated and discussed so that you can add skills, stretching yourself in new directions to optimize your innate talents. At PCI we strongly believe in purposeful, continual expansion of our human potential. The Parent Coach Certification® Training Program reflects that!
Your Parent Coach Training Includes:
- Access to PCI’s Student Portal for Course Materials (see below).
- 2× monthly phone 90-minute, phone, Zoom or Skype discussions with cohort and PCI instructor.
- Supervised Practicum for the 100 required practice coaching hours.
- Opportunities to be coached by a senior student.
- Opportunities to practice coaching on our Process Calls for instructor and colleague feedback.
After Receiving Your Parent Coach Certification®…
Opportunity for your very own page on our Web site… PCI refers parents to you and spreads the word about your parent coaching business through our social media networks.
- 72 Dynamic Lessons
- Specifically designed to introduce you to cutting edge ideas and to empower your authentic coaching voice in four highly engaging, thought-provoking courses. Includes 48 audio lectures.
- 20 Parent Coach Inventories, Checklists, and Assessments
- Use these powerful tools to gain self-knowledge and increase self-confidence.
- 5 Coach Introspections™
- Unique, innovative ways to reflect upon special talents and skills as a parent coach.
- 111 Parent Coaching Tips
- Designed on one page each with large type for ease of use during coaching phone calls, the tips are arranged in practical categories that get to the heart of the PCI coaching model.
- Coach Starter Information
- Launch a successful parent coaching practice with sample brochure, coaching agreement and client forms, 25 proven coaching methods, Centering Questions for clarity about your coaching business and organic Networking Techniques based on the latest research from the coaching industry.
- 25 Parent Inventories and Checklists
- Use these innovative, fun tools with your coaching clients to cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time.
- 10 Parent Introspections™
- Creative, inventive techniques for helping busy parents take time to tap their inner wisdom.
- 10 Parent Visualize-Realizations™
- These powerful visualizations help parents realize their dreams for themselves and for their children.
- Lists of over 100 books and other useful resources from a variety of important categories including, coaching, leadership, child development, general parenting, learning styles, motivation, and media/digital literacy.
- Supplemental Readings
- Absorbing reading of the very latest research in coaching, Positive Psychology, Appreciative Inquiry, and Brain Science provide provocative ideas and concepts that support transformational change.
- Audio Training Program
- Coaching Emily: The 4 D's in the Coaching Conversation, an audio training program to accompany Course 1 that introduces the coaching model and provides key concepts to focus on right at the start of your learning a new skill set.
- Access to Archived Coaching Sessions
- These sessions support your knowledge of both theory and coaching techniques, enriching your coaching practice and cohort discussions.