Your Training Fee
We regularly offer tuition discounts for early applications. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for latest offer and application deadlines for the current quarter.
Your tuition for the Parent Coach Certification® Training Program allows you to participate in a highly personalized, comprehensive distance-learning program. Because you are on phone classes with your cohort and instructors on a regular basis each quarter, you obtain immediate feedback on your ideas and coaching practice experiences. In addition, instructors provide "office hours"—times when you can contact them directly with your questions. The PCI Student Portal gives you quick access 24/7 to valuable learning experiences through audio recordings of actual coaching conversations. Intentionally built into the program are "extras" for you to participate in if you choose to, such as being coached by a senior student so you know what it feels like to be on the parent side of the PCI Coaching Model. During the year, your progress is regularly reviewed and discussed so that you can add skills, stretching yourself in new directions to optimize your innate talents. At the PCI we strongly believe in purposeful, continual expansion of our human potential. Our training program reflects that!
Graduates are quick to agree that the year journey toward becoming a PCI Certified Parent Coach® is a unique experience of professional growth and personal fulfillment.
In addition to your tuition to the PCI, you have the option to register with Seattle Pacific University for graduate credit for each course for a fee paid directly to Seattle Pacific University (SPU) of $252.00 for 6 graduate-levle credits per course or a total of 24 graduate-level credits for $1,008, paid quarterly. Instructions for registering with SPU will be given given after acceptance into the PCI program. Please note: These graduate-level credits may not be transferable to other universities. Please check with your university if you want to transfer credits from SPU for a graduate-levle program at another university.
Receiving credits from SPU is optional. It is the same Parent Coach Certification® training program whether or not you opt to take the program for SPU credits.
Visa, Mastercard, and American Express accepted.
Your PCI Parent Coach Training Program Includes:
- Course Materials—see below.
- 36 Phone Classes with PCI Course Facilitator & Colleagues to activate course content. Our intentional seminar-approach keeps each group small, no larger than 12 students each, so that everyone in the group can take advantage of these one-hour phone conferences to discuss course content and share collective insights. Exciting collaboration and networking opportunities!
- Opportunity to Participate in as many Process Calls per quarter as you like to activate your coaching skills. Each quarter beginning with Course 2, choose 3 (or more), from up to 12 process phone classes which provide examples of the PCI parent coaching process and opportunities for you to play the role of the coach and receive feedback from your colleagues and course facilitator.
- 6 Phone Classes to learn the basics for Marketing Your Parent Coaching Practice. After Course 3 or 4, participate in six marketing phone classes to jump start your parent coaching practice. Share ideas with colleagues and "pick the brain" of sales and marketing professionals.
- On-Site Course Workshops. Offered on a regular basis, these on-site workshops provide opportunities to meet face-to-face, examine course content, practice parent coaching, and meet PCI colleagues. (Travel and accommodations not included.) If students cannot come to the workshops, the PCI provides the workshop materials and means for the individuals to get the course information from a distance. Additional workshops are offered at nominal fees.
- Support and Guidance from Colleagues. When you enter Course 1, you are paired with someone in your group who is your "coaching buddy." Discuss course content, role-play coaching, and basically have a nurturing companion for the year-long journey. When you enter Course 3, you are paired with a PCI graduate who is a practicing parent coach. This supervisor/guide talks with you once a month for six months to help you develop your coaching skills and support you in your parent coaching practicum experience. The student has the option to continue the relationship upon completion of the training.
Access to Special Portal on PCI Website for Students/Graduates Only.
Download workshop course information and other coaching tools and keep
current with PCI events as in this special feature to your training
- Opportunities to Participate in PCI Research Projects. PCI students and graduates who exemplify the PCI model in action are invited to take part in research projects that enable them to practice parent coaching. Students must have completed Course 1 and 2 in order to be considered for participation in these studies.
After Receiving Your Parent Coach Certification®…
Course 5: Living Your Vocation: A 12-Week Self-Directed Game Plan for Building and Sustaining Your Parent Coaching Practice. Coupled with six–nine phone classes each quarter, PCI graduates receive important tools they need for developing a thriving parent coaching practice. (Please Note: This curriculum and the phone classes are offered at no additional fee. They are included in your training fee.)
Opportunity to Participate in the PCI Graduate Success Network…throughout your parent coaching career. The PCI offers special events, discounts, networking opportunities, workshops, and phone classes designed exclusively for our graduates.
- 72 Dynamic Lessons
- Specifically designed to introduce you to cutting edge ideas and to empower your authentic coaching voice in four highly engaging, thought-provoking courses.
- 20 Parent Coach Inventories, Checklists, and Assessments
- Use these powerful tools to gain self-knowledge and increase self-confidence.
- 5 Coach Introspections™
- Unique, innovative ways to reflect upon special talents and skills as a parent coach.
- 111 Parent Coaching Tips
- Designed on one page each with large type for ease of use during coaching phone calls, the tips are arranged in practical categories that get to the heart of the PCI coaching model.
- Coach Starter Information
- Launch a successful parent coaching practice with sample brochure, coaching agreement and client forms, 25 proven coaching methods, Centering Questions for clarity about your coaching business and organic Networking Techniques based on the latest research from the coaching industry.
- 25 Parent Inventories and Checklists
- Use these innovative, fun tools with your coaching clients to cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time.
- 10 Parent Introspections™
- Creative, inventive techniques for helping busy parents take time to tap their inner wisdom.
- 10 Parent Visualize-Realizations™
- These powerful visualizations help parents realize their dreams for themselves and for their children.
- Lists of over 100 books and other useful resources from a variety of important categories including, coaching, leadership, child development, general parenting, learning styles, motivation, and media literacy.
- Supplemental Readings
- Absorbing reading provides provocative ideas and concepts to support transformational change.
- Audio Training Program
- Coaching Emily: The 4 D's in the Coaching Conversation, an audio training program to accompany Course 1 that introduces the coaching model and provides key concepts to focus on right at the start of your learning a new skill set.
- Additional Materials
- 3 Audio CDs; 1 DVD; 1 96-page book on Healthy Brain Development in a Media Age (with 40 parent handouts); A Media Literacy Curriculum: Grades K–5 written by Gloria DeGaetano (which includes more parent handouts); Gloria DeGaetano's book, Parenting Well in a Media Age; Parent Success Stories, edited by Gloria DeGaetano; and Intentional Change by John S. Stephenson, Ph.D.
These "extras" reinforce course ideas and PCI foundation principles and gives you many practical tools to use with the parents you serve.
The Parent Coaching Institute's governing documents, conflict of interest policy, and financial statements are available upon request.
Please contact email@example.com or (425) 449-8877.